I love spring! It is getting warmer outside, the sun is out, and everything outside is in bloom. Open the windows, clean off the patio furniture and hang up the clothesline!
Winter can get long in Colorado. Snow gets old fast and spring is a nice change. And there is nothing better to kick off spring than a good spring cleaning.
I have compiled a list of natural ingredients that you can turn into 10 homemade cleaners for your home.
10 Natural Ingredients:
Blue Dawn Soap (I don’t consider this a natural ingredient, but it is used in many homemade cleaners.)
5 Tips for Using Natural Cleaners:
- When using essential oils, always use a glass spray bottle.
- You can recycle a glass vinegar jar into a spray bottle by adding a sprayer.
- If you don’t like the smell of vinegar, you can add a scent to it. Try this recipe.
- When using essential oils, a little goes along way. Only put the amount of drops in the recipe. More isn’t necessarily better when it comes to essential oils.
- If you are unsure about using natural cleaners on your carpet, upholstery, etc. then try it out on a small area first.
10 Recipes for Natural Cleaners Around the House:
- Powder Laundry Detergent
- All-Purpose Cleaning Spray
- Carpet Cleaner
- Homemade Febreze
- Upholstery Cleaner
- Natural Window Cleaning
- Garbage Disposal Deodorizer
- Cleaning Your Washing Machine
- Natural Oven Cleaner
- Tub and Tile Cleaner
I love the smell of a clean house! Especially when you use natural cleaners, you know that your family will be healthier for it.
Do you have any natural cleaning tips you would like to share? Please let us know in the comments below. Thanks!
Start Homesteading Wherever You Are
Sign up for our email list and you will get this 6-Day Email Course in your inbox today! You will learn about gardening, raising animals, homesteading skills and emergency preparedness. We will also keep in touch weekly with post updates and homesteading news.